Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do you change the windshield wiper blade on my 2007 vw jetta?

I brought it to walmart to get the blade change because it seems that they ripped,the man told me that it has a weird lock on there that only the dealership can change. has anyone ever done it b4 cause i don't feel like paying 3times the price at the dealership.How do you change the windshield wiper blade on my 2007 vw jetta?
To start off, don't buy wiper at Walmart for your VW! You actually can't anyway, because Vw blades are especially designed to fit the wiper arm. I just got some for my 2007 Jetta also. They cost 20 each, which is the price of a good wiper anyway.



As far as changing them, its really not that hard at all. The only thing that might give you trouble is actually raising them off the windshield, since they hide under the hood.



Here is what you do: put you key in the ignition, and turn it to the mode right before the car starts, then take the key out, and press down on the windshield wiper lever. This should cause the the pause half way through wiping. (instructions all found in manual. Could be under %26quot;service mode%26quot; or something like that.)



Then, life the wiper of the windshield, and push in the tiny little square on the tip of the wiper arm. After that, you can just slide the wiper blade out.



I am sure your local VW dealer will help for no charge, or you can just look in the manual



Good luck!How do you change the windshield wiper blade on my 2007 vw jetta?
I just encountered this same issue with my 2007 VW Jetta. I bought and returned several wiper blades from walmart, pep boys, and auto zone before I acctually realized that even though the book in the store says it will work..IT DOESN'T! I should have known its another one of those VW traps.

Report Abuse

How do you change the windshield wiper blade on my 2007 vw jetta?
Have you checked your owners manual, it may tell you how.