Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I keep my car's windshield grease/oil free ?

my car's windshield seems to have a thin film of something on it so when it rains at night and I put on the wipers I can hardly see as the wipers seem to spread the film more. I use windscreen cleaning solution and all kinds of glass cleaners and nothing has worked. Even changed the wiper blades twice over 6 months.How do I keep my car%26039;s windshield grease/oil free ?
i own a repair shop,and try cleaning it real good ,and use some rain-x on it,,this stuff really works good ,and it last for a while too,but it will help keep a lot those things from sticking to it,,good luck,i hope this help,s,,and happy thanksgiving.How do I keep my car%26039;s windshield grease/oil free ?
t_man.. I have exactly the same problem on my windshield. The layer spreads and kills visibility before it sublimes on rainy nights. I have tried everything you had tried before you found the right solution. Can you please tell me what you did?

Report Abuse

How do I keep my car%26039;s windshield grease/oil free ?
use a grease remover(like %26quot;simple green%26quot;) and then glass cleaner... also if it is an older car go visit your local Napa Store and try %26quot;innovision%26quot; wiper blades. They are awesome. Some older cars wiper arms loose tension and so the innovisions are designed to make tighter contact with windshield....How do I keep my car%26039;s windshield grease/oil free ?
It might be your washer fluid that is the issue. My dad used a can of Coca Cola after visiting the beach to remove the film!



Anyway, I use a mixture of dishsoap and alcohol, which is used in eye glass cleaner. Most all commercial products use alcohol in their products as well. At the very least, clean your glass with straight alcohol to break down the film and then use Rain X which does indeed work well and for a long period of time.



Good luck.How do I keep my car%26039;s windshield grease/oil free ?
yeah, Rain-X is magical stuff. God bless the inventor of it. One time, my windshield wiper motor stopped working so I couldn't use the wipers. I went and bought Rain-X and wiped it on kind of heavy. After that, I didn't even need to repair the wiper motor, the Rain-X was that good. Though, I must say I don't recommend/endorse you to do the same thing. Maybe I was just lucky....I think so. I only did it because I didn't have the time or money to repair the motor.